Sunday, February 26, 2012

First owie...


Well, the first one that bled anyway. Technically, my watch pinched the little guy last week, and he screamed like a banshee. I felt so bad that I haven't been able to wear my watch since. I'm too scared it will hurt him again.

But I had nothing to do with the scratch on his head. That was all Grammy Pammy.

(And, yes, it was an accident.)

My mom was getting a box of crackers out of the cupboard, and the box slipped out of her hand and hit Banner in the head. All I heard was a gasp (from my mother) and a surprised, "Waaaaaaaaa!"


I ran over to comfort my baby, who calmed down almost immediately once back in my arms (there weren't even any tears). Meanwhile, my mother WAS crying and kept trying to apologize to Banner. Except every time she came back into his field of vision, he'd see her and let out an angry "Waaaaa!" in her direction. Which, in hindsight, is kind of funny (because he was essentially telling her off), but only made things worse for my mother who, by now, assumed I'd never let her touch her grandson again.

But don't worry. Grammy Pammy is back in Banner's good graces. I let her feed him just a few minutes after The Incident. Banner is all about forgiveness when milk is on the line, so all is right and well with the world again.

Well, except for the scratch. But I'm sure that will fade away in no time.

No comments: