Monday, June 17, 2013

Operation Only Grandchild: Take Two

Remember THIS story from Memorial Day Sunday?

Well, tonight, Amy asked for a kiss before bath time, and Banner walked over as if to oblige her request.  But at the last second, he reached into his diaper and presented her with a handful of poo instead.  Then seemed completely surprised and demoralized when she shrieked and ran away.

Part of me is horrified and the other part is kind of like, "Well done, Banner.  Well done."  Because five minutes later, while I was drawing his bath, Banner streaked into the living room naked as the day he was born.  He ran towards his Auntie Amy with a giant smile on his face.

And you know what she said?

"Ew!  Go Away!"

The smile melted away, he started to sob and my pint sized poo-giver ran to me in the bathroom and hugged my leg like he thought I might not want him anymore either.

(We've been trying to convince Amy for awhile that Banner understands much more than she realizes.)

Amy tried to apologize, but it took awhile.  Banner made sure to make her suffer and sulked in the tub while I scrubbed him down and tried to get him to play with his boats.

I'm pretty sure that means that Banner won.  After all, how often can you hand poo to someone and have them begging for your forgiveness a mere ten minutes later?

It's weird, but I'm pretty sure that makes my kid kind of awesome.

No comments: